Friday, February 3, 2012

Morning Singing Bird!

Morning singing bird is the best expression to give to this one week. We all know why birds sing in the morning or why cocks crow- to wake people up to do productive work.
It is the morning people wake up go to tilt the land, (fields), others to offices while children go to school and some stay home to do house chores. That’s life!.
My morning is different because it has to do with education. And we all know that education has no end.
For someone to be able to catch up with progressive life must be knowledgeable, easy to communicate and interact. During the week I can tell you, I learnt, shared and gained experience and acquired new skills in journalism-internet in the world of journalism with all smiles. My expectations were met by 99 percent.
From now on there is no time to waist everything is digital, despite power blackout, slow internet connectivity and what have you. The blog created will be updated but also create a new one which will focus on reading, the culture that is vanishing and lacking in order to nurture it. Yes, it can be done with all the linkages I am going to create and invite discussions, it will work out. This is how I am going to advance and develop further my profession. There is no more intimidation with Dot Com because I am already there!
The training was well blended with theory and practice, interactive and full of fun. It was really adult learning.
Preparations were also so good because there was room to accommodate those who were hungry to participate. I really appreciate for the precedence extended to me and am so grateful to Peik Johannson for his humanity to make my attendance possible. Thank you so much Peik.
As for participants, I really enjoyed every part of my being with them. They were so friendly, charming, interactive and welcoming. My special gratitude goes to Bestina Magutu. She was always willing to help me whenever I got stuck with my computer which was harassing me whenever a new topic was introduced. Bestina, big up, you have a bright future!
I was so happy to meet one of my old acquaintances, Hicloch Ogola! We met each other in early 80 at Maelezo as young journalists and parted later as I joined Radio Tanzania. He also left for greener pastures. Who knew we would meet this year, the world is really small, here we are connected once again! God is great.
The most sincere and heartfelt gratitude  goes to MISA-TAN, the organisation I nurtured for almost a decade! You need to pull  up your socks, we are going digital you too have!
The training was a morning singing bird!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment